Ricki Herbert – 20 Questions, 20 Answers
1. What does football mean to you?
A global opportunity for people to compete at a number of different levels.
2. Which football club did you support as a child?
3. Did you ever have an idol?
No, I don’t think I ever did.
4. What is your fondest footballing memory?
Playing in the 1982 World Cup — especially against Brazil.
5. What has been your biggest disappointment in football?
Having a long-term knee injury.
6. If you had not become a professional coach, what would you have become?
I was hoping that I didn’t have to consider that option!
7. What is your favourite type of music?
Any sort of modern music — definitely not classical.
8. And your favourite book?
Good to Great.
9. Your favourite film?
The Italian Job.
10. Your favourite city?
Paris because it is very colourful and trendy, yet steeped in history.
11. What is your favourite food?
12. What is your favourite hobby?
13. What do you spend most of your money on?
14. What was your first job?
Shop assistant in Nelson.
15. Who has been the most influential figure in world history?
16. What are you afraid of?
17. What was the most embarrassing moment in your life?
Having my name called out in a full school assembly for being naughty.
18. How do you see the future of the world?
Football getting bigger and better.
19. Where would you like to go on holiday?
The Greek islands.
20. Who would you most like to meet?
Sir Alex Ferguson.
YES OR NO?
Will New Zealand qualify for the 2010 FIFA World Cup™? Yes
Is Kaka the best player in the world at the moment? Yes
Will (Wellington) Phoenix rise from the ashes? Yes
Would NZ be a possible venue if Australia were host the FIFA World Cup™? Yes
Will rugby become the number one sport for adults in New Zealand? No