Nikola Zagic – 20 Questions 20 Answers
1. What does football mean to you?
A great deal. I’ve put a lot of effort into the game and it has given me even more in return.
2. Which football club did you support as a child?
Red Star Belgrade.
3. Did you ever have an idol?
Yes. When I was a teenager, I used to admire the former Italian international striker, Christian Vieri.
4. What is your fondest footballing memory?
When I signed for Red Star Belgrade. I came from a small club and had never played in the top division before – then suddenly a contract with my favourite club! What a fabulous feeling!
5. What has been your biggest disappointment?
When Red Star Belgrade and I failed to qualify for the UEFA Champions League.
6. If you had not become a professional footballer, what would you have been?
I’d have probably become a basketball or volleyball player.
7. What is your favourite type of music?
I listen to practically all kinds of music. I don’t have any special preference.
8. And your favourite book?
I can’t remember when I last read a book. Most of the time, I read newspapers and magazines.
9. Your favourite film?
88 Minutes, starring Al Pacino.
10. Your favourite city?
11. What is your favourite food?
Anything. I’m not fussy.
12. What is your favourite hobby?
I like films, mainly on DVD or on television.
13. What do you spend most of your money on?
Silly things like Matchbox cars, video games and things like that.
14. What was your first job?
When I was 16, I worked as an apprentice mechanic in a maintenance and repair shop for agricultural machines in my home tome.
15. Who has been the most influential figure in world history?
16. What are you afraid of?
I haven’t really thought about it. Of course, no-one wants to fall ill or be injured.
17. What has been your most embarrassing experience?
Once I unfortunately elbowed an opponent, Milos Bajalica, in the face during an aerial battle in a league game against OFK Belgrade. His left eye was injured and, after the first diagnosis, they were afraid he might lose the sight of that eye. Thank God everything turned out well. Six weeks later Bajalica was playing again.
18. How do you see the future of the world?
As long as we’re not attacked by extraterrestrials, everything should turn out all right.
19. Where would you like to go on holiday?
To Thailand. I would also love to see the wonderful palaces in St Petersburg in Russia.
20. Whom would you most like to meet?
Mr Bean, or the man who plays him, Rowan Atkinson.
YES OR NO?
Would you also have been a successful professional basketball player? – Yes
Is there too much football on television? – No
Do you ever dream of football and scoring goals? – No
Will Serbia qualify for the 2010 FIFA World Cup™? – Yes
Are you sometimes homesick? – Yes