Progress In Senegal
A Senegalese delegation composed of the Minister of Sport and Leisure, Dr Bacar Dia, the sports adviser to the Prime Minister, Sidikh Traore, the President of the National Olympic Committee, Mamadou Diagna Ndiaye, the President of the Senegal football association (FSF), Bounama Dieye, and the President of the Diambars Institute, Saer Dieye Seek, was received in Zurich by FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter and Secretary General Jerome Valcke to examine the situation regarding Senegalese football. During this important meeting, the decision was taken to install a normalisation committee, the objectives of which have been defined as follows:
• to revise the FSF statutes in accordance with the FIFA Standard Statutes and Senegalese legislation;
• to relaunch national competitions, in particular the gradual introduction of a professional league;
• to take into account the different levels of Senegalese football;
• to implement an infrastructure programme through partnership between the Senegalese government and FIFA;
• to organise elections in accordance with the FSF’s new statutes.
Following a proposal by the Senegalese government, FIFA, with the agreement of the Confederation of African Football (CAF), approved and recognised the appointment of Mamadou Diagna Ndiaye as the chairman of the normalisation committee and Saer Dieye Seek as vice-chairman.