Football Quiz – World-beater Or Back To The Training Grounds
1. Which national team does Sweden’s Pia Sundhage coach?
A: USA B: Sweden C: China PR
2. With which Dutch club did Brazil’s Afonso Alves become top goalscorer in the 2006-2007 season?
A: Heerenveen B: Alkmaar C: PSV Eindhoven
3. How old was Danish goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel when he moved from Brondby to Manchester United?
A: 22 B: 25 C:28
4. Jose Pekerman was Argentina coach during the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™. Whom is he coaching now?
A: River Plate (Argentina) B: Deportivo Toluca (Mexico) C: Valladolid (Spain)
5. Emmanuel Olisadebe is a Nigerian-born striker with a Polish passport. Where is he now playing club football?
A: Cyprus B: Greece C: Turkey
6. Where are the Oceania Football Confederation’s headquarters situated?
A: Sydney B: Auckland C: Wellington
7. Pietro Vierchowod, nicknamed “The Tsar” because of his Russian roots, played for Italy from 1981 to 1993. What record does the former midfielder hold to this day?
A: He was sent off more often than any other player in international matches.
B: He scored three own goals in a friendly against Sweden in 1989.
C: He is the oldest player to have scored a goal for Italy.
8. Which country will Arsenal striker Eduardo da Silva be representing at EURO 2008 in Austria and Switzerland?
A: Spain B: Portugal C: Croatia
9. With which club did Brazilian internationals Robinho (now Real Madrid) and Diego (Werder Bremen) become league champions in 2002?
A: Palmeiras B: Goias C: Santos
10. When was the last time that Lyon were not French league champions?
A: 1997 B: 2001 C: 2004
11. From which club did coach Juande Ramos move to Tottenham Hotspur earlier this season?
A: Deportivo La Coruna B: Sevilla C: Athletic Bilbao
12. Which Tunisian club took part in the 2007 FIFA Club World Cup in Japan?
A: Etoile Sportive du Sahel B: Esperance Sportive de Tunis C: Club Africain Tunis
13. Who was the Asian Player of the Year in 2007?
A: Yasser Al Qahtani B: Naohiro Takahara C: Mohsen Bengar
14. Who holds the all-time goalscoring record in the Russian first division?
A: Egor Titov B: Oleg Veretennikov C: Vagner Love
15. How many transfer periods are there per year according to the FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players?
A: One B: Two C: Three
16. What do former top-class referees Pierluigi Collina (Italy), Horacio Elizondo (Argentina) and Urs Meier (Switzerland) have in common?
A: They have each refereed a World Cup final. B: They were all born in the same year. C: They have remained involved in refereeing since retiring.
17. Who is the chairman of the newly formed European Club Association (ECA), to which 103 European clubs belong?
A: Karl-Heinz Rummenigge B: Michel Platini C: Zbigniew Boniek
18. Which national team does Pascal Feindouno, show-stopper at the 2008 Africa Cup of Nations, represent?
A: Cameroon B: South Africa C: Guinea
19. English hero Kevin Keegan returned to Newcastle United as manager in January. When did he play for them?
A: 1977-1980 B: 1980-1982 C: 1982-1984
20. What do Austria’s national coach, Josef Hickersberger, and his Swiss counterpart, Jakob Kuhn, have in common?
A: They will be stepping down after EURO 2008 in Austria and Switzerland. B: They have overseen more than 100 international matches. C: They love fishing.