20 QUESTIONS, 20 ANSWERS
Born: 25 October 1977 in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
Clubs: Dorningheimer SV, FC Hochstadt, FSV Frankfurt, 1. FFC Frankfurt (similtuaneously with Carolina Courage, USA, for part of time).
Honors: FIFA Women’s World Cup winner 2003; European Championship winner 1995, 1997, 2001 and 2005; Olympic bronze medallist 2000 and 2004; UEFA Cup winner 2002 and 2006; WUSA champion 2002; seven-time German league champion; seven-time German cup winner; FIFA Women’s World Player 2003, 2004 and 2005; six-time German player of the year. Germany’s most capped women’s international with 155 caps and top scorer with 101 goals.
Miscellaneous: In 2003, Italian club Perugia wanted to sign Prinz for their men’s team, but she turned down their offer.
1. What does football mean to you?
It is a huge part of my life.
2. Which football club did you support as a child?
3. Did you ever have an idol?
4. What is your fondest footballing memory?
I have had so many great moments during my career that it would be very hard to pick out just one.
5. What has been your biggest disappointment in football?
Losing 2-0 to Norway in the final of the FIFA Women’s World Cup in 1995. I was taken off early in the game too, which made it twice as painful for me.
6. If you had not become a professional footballer, what would you have become?
I’ve actually already learnt a profession. I’m a physiotherapist and I am currently studying psychology.
7. What is your favorite type of music?
Whatever’s on the radio.
8. And your favorite book?
I read too much to choose one book in particular.
9. Your favorite film?
I rarely go to cinema.
10. Your favorite city?
Kalmar in Sweden.
11. What is your favorite food?
It depends. Sometimes pasta, sometimes salad, sometimes a good dessert.
12. What is your favorite hobby?
I do lot of different things in my spare time.
13. What do you spend most of your money on?
Filling up my car – petrol is very expensive in Germany.
14. What was your first job?
15. Who has been the most influential figure in world history?
I always find it hard when it comes to superlatives and singling out the best, the most beautiful or other things like that.
16. What are you afraid of?
17. What was the most embarrassing moment in your life?
That’s even more personal …
18. How do you see the future of the world?
Hopefully it will be better than many people currently think.
19. Where would you like to go on holiday?
20. Who would you most like to meet?
My dream man.
YES OR NO?
Are you a patient person? Yes.
Are you superstitious? No.
Are you happy with your pay packet? Yes.
Would you like to coach one day? Don’t know.
Will Germany win the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2007? No comment.