Born: 15 October 1983 in Eisenstadt (Austria)
Height: 1 84m
Clubs: 1989-1998: ASK Baumgarten. 1998-2006: Rapid Vienna. 2006: Red Bull Salzburg. Since July 2006: Panathinaikos.
Honours: 2003: Austrian footballer of the year. 2005: Austrian league champion. 2008: Played in EURO in Austria and Switzerland. 44 international appearances for Austria, seven goals.
20 Questions 20 Answers
1. What does football mean to you? After my family, football is the most important thing in my life.
2. Which football club did you support as a child? Bomssia DorLmund.
3. Did you ever have an idol? Yes, Zinedine Zidane.
4. What is your fondest footballing memory? Playing in EURO 2008 in my home country and Switzerland, even though we were knocked out in the group stage.
5. What has been your biggest disappointment in football? Losing the final of the Greek cup with Panathinaikos last
6. If you had not become a professional footballer, what would you have been?
7. What is your favourite type of music? U2, Coidplay, Red Hot Chili Peppers – a bit of everything, actually.
8. And your favourite book? The Return of the Dancing Master by Henning Mankell.
9. Your favourite film? Gladiator with Russell Crowe in the lead role.
11. What is your favourite food? Lasagne.
12. What is your favourite hobby? Going to the cinema.
13. What do you spend most of your money on? Watches.
14. What was your first job? Playing football.
15. Who has been the most influential figure in world history? Nelson Mandela.
10. Your favourite city? Barcelona.
16. What are you afraid of? Incurable diseases.
17. What was the most embarrassing moment in your life? Back when I had just started playing professionally and I realised just before coming on as a substitute that I had forgotten my shirt in the dressing room.
18. How do you see the future of the world? I think it’s looking more positive than a lot of predictions would have us fear.
19. Where would you like to go on holiday? To Bora Bora in Tahiti.
20. Whom would you most like to meet? Zinedine Zidane.